Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A New Playroom!

My wonderful hubby created a room off of our bathroom downstairs. We couldn't decide for a long time what to do with it. I wanted a playroom he wanted a storage room. Well I kinda won and Morgyn has a new playroom. Brad did say he was very glad that we did this because she spends HOURS in her playroom and the toys are not always under my feet. There still are some things that I want to do to it. Like curtains and colored bins for all the toys. I am going to make her a cute chalkboard and a magnet board for her letters. But right now it's perfect and she loves to sit at her table and play with her puzzles and sit by her bear and read stories AND she has a super cool Christmas present that will look awesome in her playroom. Here are some pictures. It's kinda a mess. Brad had to fix the tack strip for the carpet and I didn't feel like cleaning up. My cute vinyl stickers were from Target on clearance for $2.48!!! YEP, I've saved them for a couple months just for the playroom. I am lucky to have great friends who gave us some of their hand-me-downs to furnish this room. I am so grateful for my hubby and his great talents. He reminds me of my father everyday.. well no his projects are completed in a couple of weeks and not years. Hey anyone know where I can get a sign that says "caution kids at play?" I thought it would be cute to hang on the wall.


15 comments:

Hild Family said...

What a fun room. I'm glad you won- kids really need a place of their own to play. As for the sign, if you know anyone who has a Cricut machine they can make you that saying in vinyl to put on the wall. I have that machine, but we hardly ever make it up to Idaho. Have fun finishing decorating!

Anonymous said...

That room looks so good! Brad has a talent, it seems like he could built ANYTHING! When we get a house I really want a play room, so the rest of the house won't have toys everywhere. LOVE IT!
Oh and it wasn't too hard to find direction to make tutu's. There were so many ways to make them I just chose the easiest.

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

How cute! It will be so nice for you to have a room to keep all of her things together in. I love the decals on the wall too.

Kathleen said...

That looks great! Your entire house is looking amazing! Way to go Brad! and way to be motivated! I won't even kid about coming and helping with my house, because I know Brad would. =) We still have to get together with our girls, or without.

Tara said...

Sage,
I loved having a play room. It is the best thing ever to help keep the house picked up! I found this link to a sign.

http://hardware.hardwarestore.com/28-462-traffic-signs-/caution-130450.aspx

Brandon, Kandra, Sydnee, Dawson and Emery Plott said...

The playroom looks great!! You guys did awesome!!

Cheri said...

Wow, it looks ten times better than the concrete walled dungeon it was when we lived there. Now all you need is a new baby to go with it... I hear the Fall is a fertile time of year, believe me, I know.

Stephanie said...

I am jealous. My girls had a toy room before we had Jayden. I loved it too because even if it was a mess it was just toys and it didn't bother me. Now they share their room and with their clothes and toys it can become a big mess fast. It looks really cute and I am sure she will spend countless hours in it.

the h fam. said...

i can't believe that's the same room that was filled with water a couple of weeks ago!!! that got done fast!! job well done brad! the room is SO cute! i want a play room like that and I don't even have kids!

Mandy said...

You are going to love this room! Someday I would like to stop by and see first hand all the fun things you have done to your home.

Cheri said...

We are coming! This Friday we'll be there and we've asked my mom to take the kids for the weekend so Brett and I can have some alone time. We are planning on coming over to see you guys and we'll be going to the temple. I'd invite you to come, but I hear you've got a party going on. I'm excited to come, and I'll be expecting some of that addicting artichoke dip stuff you guys had last time! Just kidding. I'll come even if there isn't food, I guess.

Karli said...

How cute!!! Oh how I wish Kimber had a playroom. Until then I will have to share my office with her. :)

Alli said...

That room is darling.. What a lucky little girl...

So we went private. I need your email address..

ntahnda@hotmail.com

Carrie said...

Brandon and I had fun hanging out with you, Brad, and morgan the other night. We need to do it more often.

cthanks said...

How fun, Morgyn is so beautiful. I can't wait to see you again. Love your blog. Tresa