Sunday, November 23, 2008

A day with Gampa!

On Saturday I took Morgyn to go ride in the combine with my dad. She loves big trucks, and tractors and her grandpa. So what a great combination. My dad helps a friend when he is not teaching, thrash corn in the fall. He has been doing it the last couple of weeks and we finally got to go out and ride with him. Morg was in Heaven. She didn't want to leave. On the drive down to Burley she fell asleep but the minute I pulled up I told her we where here to see grandpa and the tractor she was wide awake. I couldn't get her to sit on my lap she had to sit on his cooler and stare out the window. She kept yelling "Mom Popcorn!" She makes us laugh by her comments and I am so grateful that I have a little girl who loves to get dirty but is also a princess.

My super cute and AMAZING dad!

Grandpa's girl!

Thanks Dad for an awesome day!

On the drive to Burley I was thinking about my parents and the sacrifices they make me for and the rest of my family. I love my dad. I love to that he finds enjoyment out of the small things. He is just as giddy as all the grandkids when it comes to things like this. (like riding in a tractor.) I love my mom. I am so thankful that she is always there for me. I truely don't know what my life would be like without her. Thanks mom for always letting me call you and just talk. Thanks for your comforting words of advice. I love my neighbors. They are pretty much Morgyn's other grandparents. I am thankful for them and all that they do for us. I love that they love my daughter and would give the world to her. They are amazing individuals and I know we were led to them. And last but not least. I will be eternally grateful to Brad's dad. Although he is not here with us in this life and my daughter will not know him here. I know that he took care of her before she was sent to us. I know that he protects Morgyn everyday and that he loves her. I honestly think that is why she has such a strong connection with my dad. The world revolves around grandpa and her grandpa in Heaven paved that way for her.

1 comments:

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

That is so neat that she was able to do that. Grandpa's are so special! Your dad looks soooo young! Hope you guys have a nice thanksgiving!