This is our sweet nephew Cameron. Almost 2 years ago he was diagnosed with a brain tumor which was eventually removed. This last August he had a MRI done for his follow-up and his doctors found another one on the opposite side of his brain than the last one. His doctors felt it was too risky to remove it and he underwent monthly treatments in SLC at Primary Children's for chemo. He also had weekly lab treatments where they would check his blood counts to see how he was doing. Every Tuesday I would get a knock at my door and this sweet little boy would come visit me after his labs. Every Tuesday my day was made better by seeing his sweet smile, and hearing his silly giggle. About a month ago Cameron went back in for a full body MRI and they found a tumor at the base of his spine at his tail bone. And another tumor on his other side of his brain. The same side that they removed last year. Last Tuesday our sweet nephew endured one more surgery and had some of this tumor removed. They broke his tail bone and removed most of the tumor but couldn't get all of it because it was too close to some of his nerves and if they messed with those nerves it would paralyze him. Every year Jerry Sloan from the Utah Jazz, a couple cheerleaders and some of the players go and visit some of the cancer patients and Primary Children's. Cameron got to meet them. What a sweet surprise for a amazing little boy. Now on to the reason I am posting. Cameron was asked by his mother after his surgery if he slept well. His reply to his mom was "Yes!" "Heavenly Father and Jesus came. They sang I am a Child of God with me!" Alittle while later Cameron was asked if he was in pain and what he did to help make the pain go away. He replied "I sing my primary songs and I don't feel any pain!" Our sweet little nephew is only 6. It amazes me the spirit that he has after all that he has gone through. Our Christmas wish this year is that he will get to spend Christmas with his family and enjoy the moment. We pray and hope that he is not in pain and that he will one day be free from this. Cameron has brought so much meaning into our lives and we know that no matter what happens in the future he is being protected.
Deagan McCoy Barnes is HERE!!!!!
16 years ago
8 comments:
Wow! What an inspiring little guy! Its sweet spirits like his that make me realize what is really important in life- Hopefully he can have an amazing Christmas!
what an inspiring story. thanks sage. and i thought my life is hard. i hope he has a happy christmas.
What a tough and sweet little guy. I got to visit with Erika a few weeks ago, and she's a nurse in the oncology department at PCMC. At least he's in good hands (with the nurses and doctors, and the Lord).
I am crying right now. What a good boy.
Geez, I think you just broke my heart. What a sweet looking little boy. He's pretty much Ethan's age. I hope he's doing okay!
What an inspiration..... wow.... I wish the best for him and his family!
He sounds like such an amazing boy. Him and your family will be in our prayers.
What a sweet little guy. It is amazing to me how much we can learn from children. I would have such a hard time staying positive in this situation. It's also amazing how thin the vail is. We will keep cameron in our prayers.
Thanks for coming to the party last night. It was a lot of fun to get to know you guys better. we will have to hang out again sometime soon!
Post a Comment