Sunday, January 4, 2009

Our Christmas and New Year

I can't believe it has been almost 2 weeks and Christmas has already come and gone. Crazy how fast it flew by. I am glad that it is over. Now we just can't wait for the next couple of months. My dad and little sister were counting the weeks left until school got out and i can't believe it's only 16.... then a couple weeks after that.... we will have a new baby at our house! So excited!!!! So on to our Christmas festivities....

Morgyn got a super cute "Retro RED Kitchen" from Santa. The best investment EVER!!! She spends countless hours in her playroom making dinner for Brad and I. So cute... on Christmas morning she walked downstairs and saw the kitchen and said, "Ohhhh, My gosh!!" Next to her kitchen is Brad's remote control race car. It's huge! It was fun trying to wheel that out of Costco and stuff it in my trunk.... yeah didn't fit!

Anyone remember Popples? I searched everywhere for them... finally found some bought all they had at one store and called my parents to get the rest at a store in Burley. Brad says I am obsessed..... umm collectors item in my eyes. My friends had them when I was little..... I didn't have one but wanted one SOOOOOO BAD!
The only thing I wanted for Christmas..... my brown Silpada ring. So cute! My cute and amazing husband surprised me.
Morg and her mommy in our matching brown puffy vests! And her cute hat! I love my little girl! She seriously is so DANG CUTE!
The newest member of the Hanks Family.
Name: Forsey (aka horsey in Mo language)
Date of Birth: December 25th 2008
Time: 11 or so am
Given by: The best parents and grandparents in the WHOLE world.
My parents are so talented. My dad made the horse and my mom painted it. Forsey has some cute pink hearts on her sides but are hidden right now. Morg asks to take forsey everywhere. I have to continually remind her that Forsey needs sleep and doesn't need to go outside. She's got her ride down. One foot sits on the bottom so she can keep her balance and the other she loops at the top. It is very funny. We had an awesome Christmas this year. Brad and I said this was the best Christmas EVER, but I know we will probably say that every year. We all were extremely spoiled this year. I am so lucky to have an amazing husband and daughter.... they are the highlight of my life.
Now on to New Years. Brad and his 2 brothers decided to make a mad dash trip to Fresno, CA to see his grandparents. His grandpa has been sick and they wanted to go help him with some things around the house while they all had some time off work. This meant that I was lonely for New Years. It's ok..... I have great parents. I went and hibernated at their house for a couple days. It was great to have help with Mo and be able to relax. Thanks Dad, Mom and Keesy for hanging with me! You guys are the best and I love you! The Hanks boys made it home safely and I couldn't be happier. Hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas and a Happy New Year!

8 comments:

The Gracie Jones blog said...

what a fun Christmas! And yes, you have talented parents to be able to make that horse, so awesome!

Kathleen said...

Cute stuff! All of it. And some pretty cute girls too.

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

That is SUCH a cute little kitchen! Where did Santa find it? I'm sorry you didn't make it to see the lights this year. You will have to make it next year for sure. When are you guys coming back up this way? We need to hang out again. Perhaps a little shopping at the Gateway? hmmmmm?

Gillett Family said...

Well sounds like a few someone's got spoiled!!! :) That's the only way to be though right? :) Oh Yes!!! :) :)

Royal Princess Academy said...

How fun- looks like you had a very merry Christmas!!!! I'm so glad and how's that baby?? When do you find out what your havin?

Heather K said...

Sounds like a fun christmas! Those are great toys. We gave Mallory a rocking horse too! But it is much smaller. I like your ring too!

A Plane Family Story said...

It sounds like you all had a wonderful Christmas. I love Mo's kitchen. And I have to agree with you, she is dang cute. I also love your ring. You have an amazing sence of style. Take care!!

The Cook Clan said...

That is exciting that you now get one of each! Good luck with the new little guy.