Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Reality......

I know that I have posted this picture before but to me this is a very special picture. This is my grandpa. He is my best friend and someone I truly look up to. He is very sick. We know his time here on earth is short and in a matter of time will leave this life and be reunited with our Father in Heaven. The reality of it all is so hard to grasp. I know that I am selfish wishing that he could stay forever, but I know that he will be happy and healthy again. Last night was the 1st time that I have truly acknowledged that it IS only a matter of time. I was standing in the kitchen overcome with emotion, when Morgyn walked and asked what she always asks when she sees that I am upset. "Mom are you mad?" I said, "No sissy, I am sad." She then preceeded to ask why... and I told her that Grandpa Stubstad is sick. And in a sweet and innocent voice said... "It's ok Mom, I will get him some medicine and he will be better!" It was all over after that. The veil is still so thin. She will never know how much that meant to me. What an amazing experience it was for me last night. I am thankful for my little girl who can build me up and make everything worth it despite the trials we face right now. I know that I will see my grandpa again and I know that he will be in better hands soon. What a comfort it is to know we are an eternal family!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa, that's not an easy thing to go through. It's good you have a great family to lean on and the knowledge that you will see him again, that alway helps.

The Cook Clan said...

Oh how sweet! Little kiddos have a way of knowing things that we aren't sure they always know. It is so sweet how innocent they truely are.

Royal Princess Academy said...

Sage- I am sorry to hear about your Grandpa. He is an amazing man and has always been so sweet to me! Stay strong.... The innocence of a child is so humbling sometimes! Love ya- let me know if you need anything!

Brandon said...

Sage, I like the picture. I'm glad you guys were able to go visit them this weekend...I know they appreciate all the love and support from everyone. It was very hard for me to leave when I went to visit. I hope you are well and see you soon. Love you!

Meccariello said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I too am glad for the knowledge of the gospel and also for the sweet innoncence of children. They are closer to the spirit more often then we give them credit for. You are in our thoughts and prayers.