Sorry for the overload of pictures... we have been so busy! Our family got hit with the NASTY flu bug. It was horrible. 1st Brad.... then Morgyn..... and then little Ryker. The kids got sick on 2 different weekends. Brad and I both missed a couple days of work but thankfully they are on the mend. I hope it stays that way. The weekend after Morgyn was sick we had been confined to our house. I was was so in need of a break. One night Uncle Blake called and asked if him and Shannon could take Morgyn to the pumpkin patch at CSI. I was so relieved. I was worried that with everything going on in our lives that I wouldn't be able to take Morgyn to the pumpkin patch. He came and picked her up and I was able to take some time and take care of my sick little boy. She came home with LOTS of pumpkins. He even surprised her with a bug juice. Doesn't take much to please this little girl. The pumpkins are lined up on our front porch. She got one for every member of our family including Lucy (our dog). She is always asking me everyday to open the front door so she can see her pumkins! Thanks Blake and Shannon for loving this little girl!
Morg and Uncle Blake!Now on to our visit with my Gramps and Granny Stubstad. I was able to take my kids to Boise last Thursday night and spend some much needed time with them. It was so fun to get to see them. My grandma LOVES babies and hasn't seen Ryker since he was about 2 months old. She couldn't put that little boy down. He would talk to her and giggle. It was so fun to see her excitement when she played with him. That little boy has her wrapped around his finger as he does with his Grandma Heidi and Grandma Sherri!
A priceless picture..... I was back in the bathroom getting ready and came out to the dining room and found this. Morgyn was chattering away and My sweet grandpa was helping her color. He was teaching her how to color in the lines. :) I couldn't help it. When she saw me she said, "Mom wook my grampa Subsaid is coloring wis me!" It means so much to me that my grandparents have such a great relationship with my kids. Morgyn loves to play with him and she was so excited to be able to do this with him. I know he didn't feel good but he is truly an amazing man. He is SUCH an inspiration to me.
My grandpa is very weak. And at one point during the day he asked me if I would help him hold Ryker. It was so sweet. Morg saw him holding him and asked if he would hold her too. Aww I just LOVE this MAN. As a child my grandpa used to rock my sister and I to sleep. And he would sing us old western songs. I was able to sit next to him in his chair and have him rock me. He just held and told me he loved me. Words can not express the spirit I felt that day. I shared some pretty intimate moments with my grandpa. Things that i will never forget. I am so grateful for his sacrifice.
My grandparents have a tradition. They ALWAYS stand in the driveway and wave good-bye till you hit the end of the circle and you can no longer see their house. Rain, snow, wind and COLD... they ALWAYS do it. It was pretty hard to say good-bye. As I was pulling away they stood there for a long time. I felt prompted to take a picture. I love these two so much. They are amazing grandparents and have such a special relationship with ALL their grandkids. They have always been there for us. I know my grandpa will be in a better place soon. He will be with his family again. I am so grateful that we are an eternal family and that I have the knowledge that one day we will be reunited.
And last but not least..... so sorry but I had to! My mom is going to kill me.Sadly being dressed up like this my husband wouldn't come near me. And to make it worse Morgyn was scared of me for a good hour. It was pretty funny to see everyone's faces. When we got home Morgyn told me to take those ugly clothes off MOM! It was a much needed laugh and excitement for a crazy last couple of weeks!






10 comments:
Sage that costume ROCKS!! Thank you for the much need laugh. You are awesome! Hey cute kids!!
GREAT costume! I can't wait to see your kiddos in theirs! I am sorry to hear about your Grandpa he really is such a neat man and I am so glad that you got to go spend some time with them! Happy Halloween!!!!!
Ummm, that's got to be the worst case of camel toe ever! Ewww, haha. Sorry, had to say it. Brett was the halloween grinch as usual, but I did manage to paint me face like a clown. Lauren begged me to. I put pictures of the kids up on my blog and Tyler was dressed as a cute little new born.
haha your costume is so funny!
That costume is sweet! I'm glad that you are all doing better. It is sad to see Grandpa so frail. I have got to get over there and see him soon.
Oh Sage, that was so sweet to read about your grandpa. Great testimony yesterday too! Now, on to a funnier note, your costume was so funny!
That costume is Hilarious!!!
Those are neat pictures with your grandparents. I'm sure those will be more valuable than the one's you missed on Halloween.
Sage, your neices and nephews really thought something bad had happened to you! I'm glad it was only a costume. Thanks for the laugh!
hey sage, i'm glad you found me and I don't mind at all that you take a peak, now i will too! my friend and I got the idea from the blog, befickle.blogspot.com and then just figured out how to do it ourselves. It's been a pretty fun hobby the last couple of weeks. Glad to see you're doing so great! Your kids are adorable and I love you costume:)
Ok LOL you helped me be brave enough to post my ugly halloween costume I wore on my blog. Zach had us dress up like oompa loompa's and I look hideous. Next year definately going to be something cute! YOUR COSTUME IS HILARIOUS!
Post a Comment