Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Grandpa....

My Sweet Grandpa passed away on Saturday. It has been a rough couple of days. For journaling purposes I wanted to post his obituary. He is my HERO! He wrote his own obituary. And to read this makes me feel as if he is reading it to me. I love him with all my heart. I can't wait to see him again! I will strive everyday to be more like him. I miss him more and more everyday but I am grateful for the knowledge of Eternal Families! I am at peace knowing he is in a happier place but it's the reality of not having him here in person to hug or talk to. His promise to us was that he would watch over our family and my kids and I know I have already felt his presence. I Love you Grandpa!


Theodore Karsten Stubstad

Theodore Karsten (TK) Stubstad, 82, of Boise, passed away on Saturday, November 14, 2009 at his home. Son of Theodor and Elise Stubstad. Early life and education was in Rapid City, South Dakota. The family moved to Salt Lake City, Utah in October of 1941, where TK continued his education and graduated from East High School in the spring of 1945. World War 11 was current and TK enlisted in the U.S. Navy. Tour of Duty was basic training in San Diego, California, communication school in Oahu Hawaii and Signalman abroad the USS Delta, a hull repair ship in the Pacific Area. He anchored four months in Shanghi China before returning to the United States. Returning to civilian status, TK attended the University of Utah under the G.I. Bill. He met his bride and life's companion, Audrey Gardner, in 1947. They were married June 25, 1948 in a civil ceremony, and sealed for time and eternity in the Salt Lake Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on April 12, 1968. To this union four daughters were born, Sherry Ann (Garth) Anderson, Susan Kay (Gary) Thomas, Kristen Stubstad and Heidi (Tim) Campbell. Adding to this union are 16 grandchildren and 32 great grand children. TK enjoyed working with his friends, neighbors and the people in his career in sales. He worked fourteen years with Wasatch Chemical Company in Salt Lake City, Utah and then moving on in 1961 as Area Sales Representative for the Bayer Corporation in their Northwest Region promoting animal health and agriculture chemical products. After three years based in S.L.C., TK accepted a transfer to Boise, Idaho. In 1971 the animal health program was made a separate entity from agriculture chemicals. TK continued as the Agriculture Chemical Area Sales Rep retiring in 1991 after 29 years of dedicated service. Hobbies and sports in early life were putting together and flying model airplanes, archery, basketball and swimming. Later in life were skiing, boating, golf, woodworking, fly fishing and RVing. At 69 years of age TK met the challenge of Caricature woodcarving of fisherman and western figures. Always with an interest in art, TK expanded his hobby by trying graphite portraits art at age 78 completing drawings of daughters, and their husbands with plans of drawing his extended family. In his last year he used this talent to make birthday cards for all great grandchildren. TK served in many callings as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He was membership secretary, youth Sunday School instructor, Elders and High Priests Quorum presidencies, counselor in Sunday School Presidency, Stake Missionary, Cub Scout Assistant Webelos Leader and Cub Scout Committee Chairman. Preceding TK's death were parents and siblings, an older sister Lenora and a younger brother Marvin. Surviving TK are his wife, Audrey, four daughters, 16 grandchildren and 32 great-grand children. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 PM on Thursday, November 19th at the South Maple Grove Chapel, 3700 S. Maple Grove Road in Boise. Visitation will be held at the Church one hour prior to services. Interment will follow at Cloverdale. Services are under the direction of the Potter Funeral Chapel in Emmett.




7 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a special dedication. It's neat to know, while reading that, that those are the things he would want you to know about him.

We are here for you if you need anything. ANYTHING. really.

We love you guys.

The Cook Clan said...

Oh Sage, that was so neat to read. I know it must have been hard to share but thanks for sharing it with us. He sounds like he was a truely wonderful man!

Didi & Jason said...

What a cute grandpa! I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank goodness for eternal families is right! My prayers are with you and your family.

Meccariello said...

We are so sorry to hear about your grandpa. He left a wonderful legacy. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Royal Princess Academy said...

Sage, I am so glad that I had the fabulous opportunity of knowing Grandpa Stubstad!! He was such a sweet man and that was so sweet to read. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I love ya!

Workmans said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Grandpas are impossible to replace. I loved reading about him, sounds like a special one. You're lucky your kids got to spend some special time with him. We'll be thinking about you!

Grma and Grpa Clark said...

We are sorry and hurt for your loss. There is a special bond that only grandparents can bring being a generation away from our own parents. Unfortunately some grandchildren only know their grandparents when they are old. You have wonderful memories!