This year I boycotted the "annual" trip to the mountains to cut down our Christmas tree. (well ok maybe I was just a little burn out from the many happenings of the Hanks family) This year I wanted something "different." I have a very crafty mother and father. Maybe it's in my blood. I work for this certain Doctor who is OBSESSED with Christmas. Every year for Christmas we get something to decorate for Christmas..... And if anyone has ever been to his house... you'll know why I say OBSESSED. It's amazing! Actually there are no words to describe it. Last year I went to the annual Christmas tour and saw that he had some SUPER cute trees in almost every room. They were in sets of 3. Not your normal tree sets. These ones were tall. I wanted them OH SO BAD. I asked where he got them. His reply.... oh from a magazine many years ago. Thanks for the help. I searched and searched the Internet. Found some that I liked.... but didn't want to pay the money to buy them and THEN have them shipped. Would they really be here in time to enjoy them before Christmas... I wasn't counting on it. So then I had a bright idea.... I would make my own. Couldn't be that hard.... right.... so then I dragged my every so happy and willing hubby to Lowes one night to find the "right" tree trunks. No such luck. I was ticked. The sales people at Lowes had some dumb ideas for me to do instead. Yah thanks but I want the real thing. (My mom had made these trees before too....) I knew I needed to go to the mountains. The problem was... it was dark when we got off work and Brad was extremely busy helping the whole town of Twin Falls. I called my super awesome Dad... and he didn't have anything either. So completely bummed and depressed I went to work the next day. One of my coworkers suggested a saw mill. The light bulb flickered. I worked my magic and got the cell phone number of the owner. I called him one night.... explained what I wanted to do and what I needed. He laughed at me and told me to meet him out at his place the next day and he was SURE that he would find EXACTLY what I needed. And that he did. He was the nicest guy ever! Measured the length I wanted to exact and then cut it for me. He only charged me $5 for 3 tree poles. I gave him $10 because in my eyes he was MY HERO! The day I went to get my wood my friend called from Craft Warehouse in Meridian to tell me that they had my trees 50% off. Which was an awesome deal, but since i received so much crap from everyone I was DETERMINED to do this. Everyone .. even my spouse just told me to buy them. I told my new friend Doug that i would be calling him throughout the year to get some more wood to make some more trees! One night after mutual I stayed up late by myself making my trees. The next morning at work everyone wanted to know If I really did it... and then I had the pictures to prove it. (YAH) Throughout the next couple of days I made the rest. They turned out just the way I wanted. Not to brag but REALLY I am very proud of myself. My neighbor came over after I had them all decorated and made. She said oh looks like you found the trees you wanted.... I said yah I made them..... WHAT!?! Wow... I am shocked. I think the reason I am sooooo proud is cause I proved Dr. Astin and my husband wrong. So here is my super cute Christmas trees!!
Tallest... the parentsMiddle which is pink and purple.... Morgyn's
Littlest... blue and green.. Ryker's!
I informed my spouse that next year.... I was makin a taller one.... AND I CAN'T WAIT!
And then my friend Laurie showed me a awesome idea for a homemade "advent" calendar. It's a muffin tin... so you can use you own yummy treats. They are magnetic so you can use them every year. It was fun to make. Brad came home..... saw the table covered in crap... and said Another project...? I said yep!And last but not least.... Ryk and Morg's daycare every year have someone come in and take pictures..... so i thought what the heck... I'll try it and maybe even one will turn out with the both of them...

And it did. They are my favorite! I love to smother them every stinkin minute with hugs and kisses. So glad they are MY super adorable kids and I get to be there mom!
10 comments:
LOVE those trees and I love the story. So did you just cut garland up for the greenery? Hmmm... I might be tempted to meet the saw mill guy myself next year. So cute!
I'd say Martha!!! They are so Cute!! And I want that Muffin Tin thing-a-ma-jig!!! So Cute!!!
so cute sage!! love the trees! my mom did the three tree idea one year, but she sure didn't make them!! they turned out great!
You are sooo crafty. LOVE the trees! So stinkin cute~
And they are super cute kids. I love R's outfit. I think Ty needs one just like it. Ha. The trees turned out great too, good job.
WOW!!! Those are some SUPER cute trees and SUPER cute advent calender! great job!
I LOVE those trees!!!
SO very cute!!! Glad you got your dream trees!!
Great Job Sage! Your trees are adorable and I love the calendar... not to mention, I can't believe you got such a cute pic of BOTH kids in the same photo-AWESOME!!! Looks like you have been a busy bee in preparation for Christmas- everything looks fantastic.
Awesome! You are amazing- those trees are so cute! And I love the muffin tin idea. AND...your kids are DARLING!
Post a Comment