Friday, April 18, 2008

We FINALLY Did it!!!

Today has kinda been a bitter sweet day for our family. When I say bitter it should probably be more sad but seeing your daughter in a hospital gown is AWFUL!! But I mean sweet for the fact that she shouldn't be in pain anymore!!! Yeah!!! Let me explain!!! Today has be a LONG awaited day for us. We took Morgyn to the Cassia hospital where she has surgery. We have battled 6 or 7 ear infections that just don't like to let up. We made the decision a couple weeks ago to have tubes put in her ears. When we got to the hospital they took all her vitals which she did very well with, then they made me change her into a hospital gown. I should of taken pictures but it is really not something that I want to remember. There were a couple times where I had to choke back the tears. Thankfully Brad was able to come and my mom showed up and surprised us. Morgyn loves her "mama" aka grandma. I don't know why I wanted to cry but I think it was the reality of where we were. I wasn't going to be the first person to hold her as soon as she came out of the anesthesia. Someone else would be comforting my daughter. But through it all everything worked out great. Our doctor is a family friend and that is part of the reason I chose to go to Burley to have it done. He came and talked to us before and after the procedure which was so comforting. She still had a little bit of infection and fluid from the previous ear infection. He told us that her ears bleed a little more than normal so to expect drainage. YUCK. But I keep thinkin in the end this will be so worth it. She has been pretty good today. Very sleepy. She plays and plays and then is ready for a nap. She has taken 2 today which is not normal for her. I am grateful that everything worked out okay. She has been such a trooper and I am grateful for all the phone calls from ALL my family checkin up on us!

9 comments:

Hild Family said...

Aren't you glad there are things such as tubes to help little ones deal with these infections? It is such a blessing! Morgyn will be soooo much happier with them. I've never had to deal with my kids having any type of surgery, but I bawled like a baby every time they got poked for their biliruben tests! Here's to you for hanging in there. You are an amazing woman. Love ya!

The Egan Family said...

I love my Princess Morgyn Sara! So glad by baby girl is doing well. Give her lots and lots and LOTS of kisses from Krewby and I!

Royal Princess Academy said...

I am glad everything went well! She is a trooper..... I bet that was hard. I bet you are so glad that she can hopefully have some relief now. I LOVE YOU MOMO!!!

The Cook Clan said...

She is such a little cutie. I'm glad everything worked out well.

Cheri said...

Awww, that would be hard for me too. I hope she's doing well. She's really turning into such a pretty little girl!

The Gracie Jones blog said...

I'm sure that's such a hard thing, but I'm glad she will be better...and like you said it will be worth it in the long run. My brother had that same thing done when he was little. And I had NO idea that my teeth would move faster now that I'm pregnant! That's AWESOME! :) Thanks for the tidbit of info!

The Anderson's said...

Oh my goodness... that would be awful!!! I hope things get going better soon!
About the bows... no I am making some that look like that and matt kept deleting the site so i put it there until I am done copying it... I make all of her headbands and bows... I buy little girl tights from walmart and just cut and hot glue them together... I can email you more details if you want! my email is nicole_anderson1219@hotmail.com let me know what you think! Thanks! Nicole

Roxanne said...

She is so dang cute...I am glad things are looking good. It is always so hard to see your kids uncomfortable. Good job getting through it.

Tara said...

Sage, this is the first time I have found your blog (thru Sara). I hope Morgyn has made a full recovery by now. Nothing like sending your baby off for surgery... I have done it twice with Karsten and once for the other ones. In two weeks Julia has to have her eyes operated on. That one will be horrible! Love ya cuzzin,
Tara
I added your blog to mine. I hope you don't mind. I love checking in on old chums and family!