Monday, September 22, 2008

Flyin' By the Seat of Our Pants!

On Friday night Brad and I finally went out for a much needed date. On our way over to the Canyon Crest Brad decided to call one of his mission buddies (long story short) a lady that many missionaries had the chance to get to know was in town from Australia. She owns a couple of condo's in Park City and comes out about once a year to visit. Brad asked when she was coming back out to visit and he said hold on..... and then we heard Wendy!!! Brad's face dropped. Come to find out she had been trying to get a hold of us for a couple days and didn't have Brad's new phone #. We have not seen her in about 3 years. They invited us to come up for the weekend and hang out. We decided to go to dinner first and then decide. I was inwardly hoping that he would really want to go. And I didn't have to beg for long... After dinner we decided to go.... at 8:00 pm we left from and dinner and by 9:00 pm we were on the road driving. Morg fell asleep 10 minutes into the drive and slept the whole way there. We arrived at 1:00 am and had a blast the rest of the weekend. Here are some pictures of our daily adventures.


Here we are visiting at 2:00 and my child running around like a nut!

Morg having breakfast on the porch

Morg getting ready to go swimming!

The awesome indoor/outdoor pool!
It rained that night and it was sweet to sit in the hot tub in the rain.

Crashed on the bed.....

Morg and her new friend Kayleigh

Twiners.... Kayleigh wanted her hair like Morgyn's, so I did them the same.
What sweet girls!

Morg, Me, Wendy and Brad!

The drive home. Morg was playing peek-a-boo with me.

We had so much fun. It was so hard to leave. We got to hang out with some of Brad's mission buddies. Wendy and I went shoppin at the gateway. (who wouldn't want to go to Forever 21!) We ate at Cafe Rio! YUMMY!!! It was one of those weekends that you wished would last forever. I can't wait for Wendy and the rest of her family to come in February to Idaho to visit. I am so grateful for my sweet hubby who is always up for a great time and was willing to drive late at night for us to get away. We got to hang out with some awesome couples and their kids. I am just sad that we don't do it more often.... their is something about old mission buddies... I love listening to all their stories. It's funny because every time we visit with Wendy Brad picks up the Aussie lingo. So now on to another week of work.....

9 comments:

Me said...

cute pics of the girls!! Hopefully we see you guys again sooner than later.

Anonymous said...

Spontaneous trips are the BEST! That sounds like so much fun, especially hangin out in the hot tub in the rain! I love hearing Trav reminiscing with his old mission buddies too. I always tell people how amazing you are at doing Morgans hair, will you be our personal hair stylist?

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

I agree, I wish the weekend didn't have to end either. We had so much fun Saturday night. I wish we all lived closer so we could catch up more often.

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

P.S. Hope you don't mind, but I stole a picture of you guys with Wendy for my blog. I wish I had of taken my camera. Also, what is your email address?

Deidra said...

What a fun trip and a great little get-away! Looks like you had a great time.

the h fam. said...

looks like you had fun! morg is so cute! and I haven't seen your hair short yet! it's so cute!

Heather K said...

How spontaneous! Those are the funnest trips! Everyone needs a getaway! I love forever21, where was it? I haven't shopped there since my AZ days! Hot tubs in the rain way cool!

Mark and Kimmi said...

Mission reunions are the greatest. We are very excited to attend Marks next weekend. The plus is that some aussie friends are coming to Utah for a long vacation and they are staying with us. I am so excited! I love the aussie accent, and yes Mark will pick up the lingo just as fast. Fun fun!

Karli said...

When you are feeling up for another quick trip come back in October and we can take the girls to Frightmares at Lagoon.