Yesterday at work one of the ladies I work with was reading the paper and asked me about an article that was written in it. It was about HBO airing their own version of our temple ceremony on their show "Big Love." She had many questions as to why this is soooooo offensive and why everyone is making a big deal about it. I expressed to her that it is something that is sacred to us, etc. Then my sister in law sent me an e-mail about the article that appeared in the TV guide. I was really shocked. It's not fair. We don't go around making fun or broadcasting other religiions and the things they do but we as LDS members get the brunt of it. The airing of this show will be this Sunday on HBO. So here's is everyone else's turn. Here's the e-mail address for HBO and the FCC you can file a complaint. I am not one to e-mail every Tom, Dick and Harry to get my point across. I don't feel I am opinionated and broadcast my feelings all the time..... but this is where I felt I needed to do something for me!
TV Guides Article:
http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&attid=0.1&thid=11ff8dc1e5274bec&mt=application%2Fpdf
HBO:
To file a complaint online, go to:
http://www.hbo.com/apps/
FCC:
To file a complaint with the FCC, go to: http://esupport.fcc.gov/
1. Choose "Broadcast (TV and Radio), Cable, and Satellite Issues."
Then click NEXT.
2. Choose "Broadcast programs showing obscene, profane, and/or
indecent material." Then click NEXT.
3. Click "Online Form" then fill out the form with your information
and your complaint.
Deagan McCoy Barnes is HERE!!!!!
16 years ago
2 comments:
Isn't this the program that Tom Hanks and his wife pushed to create? I saw something about him making some kind of LDS documentary that wasn't very positvie- changed my opinion of him. Supposedly his reaction to the Mormon stance on Prop 8.
I wrote my complaint. You know me, always opinionated.
Post a Comment