I guess it's time that I finally post! I feel like the last couple weeks have gone by SOOOOOO fast. Our Ryker is 2 weeks old today! Scary! I love being able to stay home with my kids! It's been fun and challenging at the same time. I had a crazy week up to my delivery date. I was on bed rest for a couple days because of high blood pressure and protein.... my blood pressure was checked every day and I had to pee for them every day. It sucked. The wednesday before I delievered my super amazing friends threw me a surprise baby shower! It was awesome. When I got home from my shower I told Brad that i didn't feel good and something just didn't feel right. My feet and legs were super swollen. I had the next day off and also had an appt. that day. I called Brad that morning and told him he needed to go with me. I didn't feel good and I could barely stand up. So i get to my appt and they take my blood pressure and i look at the nurse and she said Sage your blood pressure is STILL really high (were talkin anywhere from 150 over 90 and so on) I get in the room and my handy dandy doctor comes in........ I tell him how I feel and he checks my blood pressure again and my urine. Then says let's see where your at.... meanwhile I am praying for a miracle..... he says your at a 1 and I have protein in your urine and I am sending you over...... I look at Brad and he's about ready to pass out. Tears start flowing...... now reality has set in....... so they give you the same old spill that they'll start me on pitocin and I probably won't deliver till the next day... BLAH BLAH!!! I finally get over to L&D and the get everything going. I had an AWESOME delivery nurse. From about 2 till 5 my contractions were soooooo irregular. At 5 the nurse tells me that they may have to send me home cause the pitocin my not work. She leaves the room and I turned to Brad and said you better so something fast. I am NOT leaving. Brad jumped out of his chair and said I am giving you a blessing........ 5 minutes later my doctor walked in..... and said well let's get this going. He broke my water (all along I KNEW that if he would do that I would of had my baby by then.) and said I'll be back in a little bit. My contractions at this POINT... *%#(*%#*@)%*(# I told the nurse to go ahead and call for my epidural. They anethiologist came and gave me epidural... at this point it's almost 6. I kept telling him it wasn't working. He kept looking at me like i was DUMB. He said move your legs... I kicked them around. Shock..... i laid in all different positions.... yah STILL wasn't working. At about 6:20 I told my nurse that I was ready to go. At this point they are still trying to figure out why i could still feel EVERYTHING!!!!! She checked me and said DON'T DO ANYTHING.... and then people started running into the room and it was all a blur. Then I remember saying I NEED TO PUSH! She wait we don't have a dr. he is still on bluelakes. I said I don't care....... and then he walked in minutes later and saved me. I pushed for 12 minutes without an epidural (Roxanne I thought of you the whole time. Thinkin..... if she can do this.... i can too..... ahhh maybe not!) At 6:42 pm my sweet baby boy was born. It was so awesome. I am so proud of myself and hanging in there. It was TRUELY painful. I kept telling Brad that i didn't want to do this again. He's ok with that. Sorry Mom and Dad!
The next couple of days were awesome.... until friday night they came and took Ryk from us and said they were going to monitor him in the NICU, and they would bring him back when he was hungry. Ummmm ok....... his respitory rate was around a 100 and they like it between 40-60. Then sat morning a new nurse came in and told us they were keeping him and sending me home... still ?????? The ped doctor was nice enough to get us a room on the peds floor so that we could kinda have a normal life with our baby. The next couple days were filled with lots of unanswered questions and tears. It was hard to be away from my family. Thanks sooooooo much to everyone that came and visited and who called. You will never know how much it meant to us. Many of those times were my prayers to help me get thtough this and someone would call or come visit moments later. Our family recieved many blessings that weekend. I truly am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for answering our prayers.
Now the name....... I have loved the name Ryker since high school. We finally decided after a day in a half in the hospital that is what we would name him. I knew all along that- that is what his name was but for personal reasons i tried to talk myself out of it. Brad and I always joked that we would only have girls and when we found out it was a boy we were soooooo shocked. Ryker is named after both his grandpa's. His grandpa in Heaven and his grandpa here on earth. This little boy is soooo special to us! We say everyday we couldn't imagine life without him. That is why i say i have the best of both worlds.... I have my sweet girl and my sweet boy!
Deagan McCoy Barnes is HERE!!!!!
16 years ago









15 comments:
Sage! He is beautiful and bless you for all the @#%%$^QW% you had to go through! You are way stronger than I could or would have been! Awesome job!! Congrats again to you and your beautiful family!!
Congrats- your little addition is adorable. You are one brave woman- I don't think I could go through that again either :0 but definitely worth it in the end.
he is cute sage! you have the cutest little family. sounds weird hearing you say "kids"!
He is sooooo cute. So glad that he is doing well, it sounds like you had a "FUN" labor. Cute kids.
Ahhh so dang cute! I can't wait to see him! He has changed so much from the pictures you first had of him. I'm so happy for you to be finally setteling in. You are going to LOVE being home with them. It truely would be the best of both worlds. I'm jelous you have a girl. Glad to see you are doing good now.
He's a keeper alright!!! I love his curly hair! He looks just like your dad, Sage.
Amazing family, love ya! Can't wait to come hold Ryker again, thanks for letting me do that at the hospital, so precious, he definatly has guardian angels watching over him. How can I help??? Curly hair, Cameron had that and I loved it. Thinking of you!
We are so happy for you guys! Your little family is awesome!
He is such a cute little guy, and I got to hold him =)
Aww, I hope Brett and I can make a trip down sometime soon! I can't wait to come for a visit.
Oh!!! He's such a cute little guy! I'm glad everything turned out good for you even though it was tough getting to this point- You're a trooper Sage! Way to go!
He is a cutie. I love his name too. Glad everyone is healthy and home. Hope you get some rest and enjoy being off work and loving on your babes.
He is soo cute. I am glad averything is going well.Oh the unknown is so scary. Crazy how everything turns out to be ok and you can't imagine it without our little ones once there with us. Yay for having one of each.
He is so precious! We can't wait to come see all of you. Enjoy each day. They grow up too fast. Make sure my little brother is helping you out. You have a beautiful family
I am glad everything is going well. He is darling......you are going to love having a boy!!!!
Sage, he is so dange cute. I'm so glad that he is finally here. Tough woman for doing it all natural!!!
Post a Comment