Ya know how they say you can "live your life vicariously through someone else?" Well i do this with my little sister Stacy. Last night she participated in the Youth Cultural Celebration along with like 3000 other youth. I am kinda bummed I didn't get to go to the fair grounds and watch but I did get to go to the Stake Center and watch. Brad and I had tossed the idea around of going and finally decided that we would go. I am so grateful that I was able to go. I was even more excited because I did get to see lots of people I knew from Twin and Burley on the screen. We got to see my little sister a ton when she was doing her "Mexican" dance. I could barely contain my excitement. People around me probably thought I was an IDIOT! Morg kept saying to be "Mom where'd Keesy go?" After the dance my little sister called me and I asked her how she felt now after seeing the prophet and being able to participate in such an amazing event. She just cried and cried. She told me how the spirit was SOOOOO strong when the prophet arrived and how all she could think about was seeing his face. I love her so much. I am so happy that she sacrificed her time to do this. What an amazing experience it was for her and all the youth. At the end of the celebration she said there wasn't a "dry-eye." This morning Brad had already gone to the church to get us seats for the dedication and I was waiting to take Morg to our friends house. I only had a few minutes to leave and thought I would hurry and look at the paper. They had a few pictures on the front page and when I turned to the next page of the story right smack at the top of the page is this HUGE picture of a beautiful girl in her green Mexican dress. I started to cry... it was my little sister. So now i didn't feel so bummed about not being able to watch her at the fair grounds. Out of all the tons of pictures taken they chose her picture. It's probably not a big deal to some but this to me is icing on the cake. I am so grateful for the testimony building experience she had and what she shared with me.
Now on to the dedication. The last two days I feel like all I have done is cry. I am so blessed. I have such an amazing family and friends and I am so grateful that we were all able to share this event together. I have such a great love for our prophet. He such an amazing man and being able to see him and see the genuine love he has for all of us is so inspiring to me. We truly are so grateful to have a temple here in our town that is less than 5 minutes away.
Deagan McCoy Barnes is HERE!!!!!
16 years ago
1 comments:
That is really cool. I was wishing I was a young woman that week. I remember having a youth fireside with President Hinckley as a youth and it was really special. I think it is neat how they reach out to the youth. I don't read the paper, but how awesome to have her picture in there!
Post a Comment